Service Technician Jobs in Switzerland | Onyx-Circle
If you’re looking for a job as a Service Technician, you’ve come to the right place with Onyx Circle. We’ve got the job you’ve been waiting for! Service technicians are a crucial part of every company. They need to be experts in their field and up-to-date with the latest technological advances in order to provide top-quality services to their customers. Service technicians generally work in a team with other service technicians who specialise in different fields. Before you look for a job as a service technician, you should ideally first be clear about what the title entails so you can find a job that suits your skills.
Ideally, you should know the following things about a job before applying.
- What is the role of a technician?
- What makes you want to be a technician?
- Which qualifications are required to work as a technician?
- What is the average salary
- What job prospects exist
- How does someone become a technician?
- How to find your first job as a service technician
What does a career as a service technician involve?
Technicians are at the forefront of the daily operations within a company. They install, maintain and repair a variety of equipment and systems required by a company to keep everything running smoothly. A technician can become specialised in a number of fields, e.g. air conditioning and refrigeration technology, electrical fire alarm systems, secure networks, audiovisual devices, etc.
Tasks and duties
- A professional who creates cost proposals for customers and waits for their response before starting a job.
- They perform planned and unplanned maintenance tasks and ensure that your devices work properly to improve your life with every call out!
- They jot down things in notes and properly file things away.
- They train new recruits on the complex aspects of maintenance and repairs.
- They act as mentors for new technicians and guide them through difficult repairs.
- They keep their technical knowledge up to date.
- They keep an eye on industry trends.
- They look for possibilities to enhance sales and services.
Why become a service technician?
On average, a service technician earns between $35,000 to $50,000 per year.
Due to the skills demanded of technicians and the potential to earn more by acquiring more certifications or training, technicians have the ability to more than double their salary when they obtain new skills.
If you believe you have potential and want to earn more than you currently do – perhaps a career as a service technician is right for you.
Which qualifications are required?
No prior experience is required to start working as a technician – making it the perfect opportunity! Your hours may involve overtime from time to time*. If you love working with people, are a good problem solver and know a thing or two about customer service, this could be the ideal job for you!
What job prospects exist?
Job prospects for service technicians are expected to increase by 12% by 2026, meaning you can enjoy heightened prospects in the future when you start working as a service technician today.
What is the average salary?
Technicians are some of the most important employees in every company. They perform key services to keep the company running smoothly, efficiently and in line with the budget! With an average salary of $45,000 per year*, a career as a service technician is a great opportunity to earn money and take on more responsibility over time as you become more experienced.
How can I become a technician?
If you’re looking to find a job as a technician, you first need to find out which skills and knowledge your employer requires.
You can start by acquainting yourself with standard tools used in this role, like screwdrivers and spanners.
Knowledge on the various parts and components used in different devices or systems, e.g. electrical systems, pneumatic components and various controls can come in useful.
You need to be capable of understanding blueprints and diagrams.